NCT (National Childbirth Trust) Redbridge
We're the charity that supports people as they become parents. NCT Community Builders are at the heart of our local volunteer teams.
You will engage with parents in the local community to understand where support is needed. You will build a team of community volunteers who offer welcoming, and inclusive events and activities that help parents feel confident, connected and safe.
This is a flexible, home-based role that can fit around your availability.
Main tasks and responsibilities
• Talking to people in the local community to understand what parents need.
• Encouraging local people to get involved and volunteer to support parents.
• Build a strong and inclusive community of parents following NCT guidance and best practice.
• Promoting and publicising local NCT events.
• Keeping in touch with local volunteers.
• Using social media to engage and support local parents.
• Celebrating the difference volunteers make to local parents.
• Championing NCT's values and vision.
This is a flexible role that can fit around your other commitments and availability.
• We ask that you can commit to 3 hours per week and that you can ideally volunteer for at least 6 months.
• You will be invited to attend a monthly catch up with the Volunteering Team for training and support. These will usually be online in the evening and will be supported by closed captioning.
Benefits to the Volunteer
• A great volunteer experience and the opportunity to build a community for local parents.
• Access to an online platform with all the tools, resources and training you will need.
• Expenses paid in line with our expenses policy.
• We will champion equity, diversity and inclusion through all that we do.
• The opportunity to develop your skills.
• Ongoing support and regular check-ins with the volunteer support team.
• Importantly you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to parents.
Skills, attributes, qualifications and experience
Flexible opportunity to suit volunteer.