NCT (National Childbirth Trust) Redbridge
We are the charity that supports people as they become parents. NCT Nearly New
Sales provide a trusted and much needed service to parents by providing a way to buy and sell preloved baby clothes, toys and equipment.
As an NCT Nearly New Sale Coordinator you will lead a team of volunteers to help plan and organise these fantastic events making them accessible for every parent. You will also help play a part in protecting the environment for future generations. This is a flexible role that can fit around your availability.
Main tasks and responsibilities
• Event management
• Leading and motivating a team of volunteers
• Attracting sellers, buyers and helpers
• Marketing and publicity
• Following NCT guidance and best practice to hold an accessible event
• Using social media to engage and support local parents
• Celebrating the difference Nearly New Sales make to local parents
• Championing NCT's values and vision
This is a flexible role that can fit around your other commitments and availability
• We ask that you can commit to organise at least one NCT Nearly New Sale a year in your local area
• The time commitment will vary throughout the year and depend on the size of the sale you decide to
• As the lead volunteer it is important that you are able to attend the event on the day
Benefits to the volunteer.
• A great volunteer experience where you can meet new people, and develop skills.
• Excellent support from experienced volunteers and our Volunteering Team.
• Access to an online platform with all the tools, resources and training you will need.
• Expenses paid in line with our expenses policy.
• We champion equity, diversity and inclusion through all that we do.
• Importantly you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to parents in your
Skills, attributes, experience and qualifications
It will be good if our Nearly New Sale Coordinators
Sales usually take place on a Saturday or Sunday 2-3 times a year.