Transition Town Ilford (original)
The Valentines Park Forest Garden is a project of Transition Town Ilford, a Community Interest Company. The Forest Garden started in the Summer of 2020 and has now become a thriving community space. We have regular gardening sessions on Friday mornings, organise training sessions for our volunteers and organise workshops for local schools. On Saturday 2nd September we held our second successful Summer Festival attended by 300-400 local people.
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic individual to join the diverse governance team of a community garden located in Valentines Park in Redbridge.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Upon joining the Governance Group, volunteers will have a three-month trial period.
• Previous experience of Governance processes;
• Previous experience of volunteering with/ working for a community organisation.
Benefits to Volunteer
Skills, attributes, qualifications and experience
• An interest in growing edible plants and shrubs;
• Ability to work well in a team;
• Good organisation skills and time management;
• Reliable and trustworthy;
• Regular attendance at our weekly Friday morning volunteer sessions (minimally once a month) assisting in on-going gardening tasks e.g. weeding, wood-chipping pathways and planting;
• Regular attendance of our monthly Governance Group meetings
We meet weekly on Friday mornings and in the Summer on Saturday mornings. We have a monthly Governance Group meeting. When planning for an event we often have more frequent meetings.
Valentines Park Forest Garden
near Brisbane Road entrance